St Paul MN Water Removal | Water Damage Repair Saint Paul MN
Restoring your home after water damage is a frustrating experience. Fortunately, natural disasters don’t occur every day, and chances are you’ll never have to deal with water damage from rising water or flooding. However, simple plumbing leaks or overflows are far more common. While dealing with water damage may seem fairly simple (mop or wet vacuum; fans used to promote evaporation), unfortunately, this fails to consider the degree to which water can penetrate into structural cavities and assemblies, creating trapped pockets of saturation. Too late, property owners become aware of the on-going effect of this trapped water on structural and contents materials, which may include: discoloration, warping, splitting, delamination, and musty odor and mold growth.
Control The Moisture and You Control The Mold!
The key to mold control is moisture control. It is important to dry water damaged areas and items within 24-48 hours to prevent mold growth. If mold is a problem in your home, clean up the mold and get rid of the excess water or moisture. Fix leaky plumbing or other sources of water. Wash mold off hard surfaces with detergent and water, and dry completely. Absorbent materials (such as ceiling tiles & carpet) that become moldy may have to be replaced.
Moisture and its effects in your house or office can cause a lot of harm, like the growth of mildew and mold, and dry rot, and if not cared for it can carry with it seriously large problems if not met fast and skillfully extracted.
Any drying being done must be Done Right to see to it that there aren’t any environments which promote and allow hazardous materials to flourish, taking your home or business and turning it into an problematic one that will only get bigger if not cared for. A Water Damage Restoration Expert utilizes powerful state of the art equipment in removing as much water as possible, and then begin drying the area with high velocity fans and ventilation systems.
The consequences of ineffective restoration – including possible health effects – are far too great to leave water damage improperly restored. Most property owners are not familiar with the essential steps and tactics for proper restoration, and naturally, they have a lot of questions. That’s where the certified water restoration professional comes in. He or she will be qualified through formal training and experience to remove excess water efficiently, to promote efficient evaporation and to establish the dehumidification conditions necessary to stop on-going damage. Moreover, they can document the return of your property and contents to normal conditions to ensure that future problems will not be experienced.
Be prepared to let flood-damaged walls, ceilings and floors dry for several weeks. If restoration work is completed before proper drying techniques are used, mold and mildew will continue to grow. The result may be structural damage to your home, the need to repaint walls or replace new wall coverings, and discomfort or illness to family members who have allergies.